Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Public service announcement for Spotify users.

You can find a brilliant version of "District Sleeps Alone Tonight" by Frank Turner on Spotify. It's raw and rough and it's how that song should have been recorded in the first place. (No offense, Ben Gibbard, this is just imho.)

Search for it. Do it NOW.

(Please. Also, please let me know your Spotify "name"? I am still figuring this thing out but I did subscribe to the $5/month service for a trial run.)

I saw Frank Turner and his band Saturday night and it was an amazing show. He's been dubbed "the Billy Bragg of our generation," and while I wouldn't go that far, it's not a terrible comparison. Some politics, some history, some really good love (and anti-love) songs. He's only 30 so his lyrics are a bit immature, and I mean that in the nicest way. This song (and cutest video EVER!) and this one are my current faves.

Andrew Jackson Jihad opened. They were very fun as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment