Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Almost halfway to a Friday five.

Five reasons I deactivated my Facebook account, in no particular order except for maybe the last most important reason:

  • I recently heard a "futurist" speak about the future of social networking (as well as advances in research that had people moving objects with their minds - WITH. THEIR. MINDS!!) and it was so terrifying, it made me want to buy a cabin in the woods and never, ever come out of hiding.
  • If you aren't reading this here blog right now, I don't really care that your baby rolled over for the first time, or that your basement flooded during the last storm, or that you "checked in" at the local pizza joint.
  • My ex's ex kept coming up as a recommended "friend." (Um, no.)
  • My 20 year high school reunion is next year and I want no part of that. I started to just hide people with the plan of doing a clean sweep after the actual event, but that quickly became way too much work. So I redefined "clean sweep."
  • 1844 pages:

There are many more reasons but those are the highlights. Honestly, I was mostly using it to track local bands and it was AMAZINGLY helpful in that sense (not too little info like with email subscriptions, not too much info like Twitter feeds - it was just right). So now I'll have to figure out how to keep up with that proactively. I will probably go back someday in the near future, but it will be nice to experience actual life for a little while.

And, you know who you are, in response to "WHAT ABOUT THE BLOG. (no pressure.)", it stays and I hope to post more now that I'm not reading about what my 4th grade classmate ate for dinner. Thanks to all of you for your support. (Whoever you are. With the exception of YKWYA and a few others, I really don't know for the most part... and I kind of like that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment