Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday three.

Three things that do not suck:

  • Patton Oswalt
  • David Cross
  • David Sedaris
I play their concert CDs/book audiotapes incessantly these days.

Unrelated, I'm a big fan of "if you don't really wanna know, don't ask the question." I stopped by Trader Joe's on the way home from work, and those people are just so nice. The guy pricing my items asked me how my day had been going so far, and I replied, "honestly, not so great..." He seemed truly sad that my day had been crappy, so I asked about his day in a peppy voice, and then I gestured to the bottle of wine and spaghetti makings in my handcart to indicate that my day was fixing to be a lot better. And he smiled, in an "oh you pathetic office drone I love my job so much more than you" way, and now I'm enjoying a glass of wine while he's still at work, so who is the joke really on?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I hear you...I tend to answer those sorts of questions honestly. And I'm annoyed by either type of reaction: dismissal or surprise.

    ReplyDelete