Monday, June 22, 2009

Here's the thing.

I HATE HATE HATE that I even feel the need to go here, but since everyone else (on Facebook) apparently also feels the need... And because I can't formulate anything constructive on my high school friend's post which states that she is clearly distressed by all of this... And because I'm really trying to be constructive on FB because there is so much negativity potential there (do you know these people? no? then what the hell are you crying about?!)... I have to unleash here. Sorry in advance.

I used to watch Jon & Kate Plus Eight because their kids were FREAKING ADORABLE. I had personal issues with the whole "have twins then have sextuplets then get your own TV show even though you clearly hate each other" concept, but those kids, they were FREAKING ADORABLE. So I watched up until a few seasons ago.

And now it's a huge debacle and I'm appalled that J&K are still accepting money for doing the show and that TLC is supporting/sponsoring this. So much so that I've added channel 38 to my list of channels to "skip right by" when I am surfing. (Other channels on auto-skip include FOX News and the 18,457 public access channels that Portland offers. I'll just be living "What Not To Wear" every day on the MAX, thanks.)

Same-sex couples who ACTUALLY love each other cannot legally marry in more than 3 states nationwide, but this crapdrama is financially rewarded and given all this media attention.

Really?

P.S. Hey J&K&8 fans - what's going on in Iran? I'm just saying...

1 comment: