Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Early Wednesday three.

Having been pretty successful in my 2Q goals, and still keeping to the 1Q goal of reading more, I am optimistically posting my 3Q goals:

  • Take at least two day trips to faraway locales. Day trips are a little stressful - you only get two weekend days, and driving for most of one of them is never that appealing, but I do loves me a road trip, and I think the recent AAA article on Seaside (I mean, really - I've been to the coast ONCE since I moved here over a year ago? Come on!), coupled with the Muppets exhibit at Seattle's EMP, should cover me. But I recently heard about a hike near Bend that offers stellar panoramic views, so I might have to squeeze that in too.
  • At least one new restaurant every week. This will likely be a lunch spot because I'm not overly fond of breakfast (and therefore I live in the wrong town) and dinners are more expensive. I'm hoping it won't be dominated by carts during the week because I already have a long list of NE/SE places to try. But the main point of this goal is that I've won two cool things through Yelp! Portland and I really need to increase the volume of reviews to feel justified in winning more free stuff. (I actually think I've won the two contests I've entered because everyone else is too lazy to reply to messages, but... I'll use this as fire instead.)
  • Five new Portland bands. With the NW Musicfest in September this should be no problem, but I'm really trying to cut back on the bigger "I've seen them 18 times but I can't miss them"* shows and check out the up-and-coming, local, cheaper shows.
And as always, one thing on The List wouldn't be a bad thing, although I've already got 2009 and 2010 covered.

________________
* The only exception to this is The Decemberists. I will kill whoever I need to kill to see them every time they are in town. That's my official police statement, if anyone asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment