Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday FTTDS.

Most things about today, also known as MONDAY, did really suck, but here are a few things - five, in fact! - that did not:

  • Finally listening to Jason Lytle's Birds Encouraged Him, NPR's Song of the Day from a few days ago, which is really great and also kind of ironic because I never really liked Grandaddy all that much, and also because the book I'm about to finish (Adverbs, by the grown-up Lemony Snicket) keeps referencing magpies. Booker T's instrumental of "hey ya" from a few days ago is also really, really great. Who am I kidding - everything they feature is brilliant. I {heart} NPR's song o'the day. And when my IT department takes away my ability to stream NPR songs o'the day, I am going to burn the building down.
  • Being able to help a friend in need who has been a friend indeed for over 20 years.
  • Skipping the gym in favor of some wine and cheese. And subsequent pizza, but that hasn't happened yet.
  • Filling out my Antarctic excursion paperwork. I dreamed about penguins last night (real, live penguins, not the Flightless Birds although they do not suck either right now) as well as tomatoes. "Why have we been rooting through tomatoes for an hour? There are PENGUINS right outside this Antarctic Safeway!" (I think you had to be there.)
  • Sunshine in my apartment at 8pm on a Monday. That can't be a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment