Wednesday, June 17, 2009

He could've been my soul mate. We'll never know.

Last night in the sauna that was the Wonder Ballroom, between sets of the amazing show that was the Tragically Hip, I was leaning against the wall (the only cool place in the building - seriously, it was at least 90 degrees in there).  A not-altogether-unhandsome, very very drunk guy walked over to me.
 
Very very drunk guy:  "You look bored.  Are you bored?"
Me: "Actually, no, I'm not."
VVDG: "Are you bored enough to talk to me?"
 
[I paused - briefly - to consider this inquiry.  On the one hand, it could pass the time.  On the other hand, the conversation had crazy-making potential, and what if he didn't go away after the show started back up again?]
 
Me: "Nope!"
 
VVDG gave me the "thumbs up" sign, smiled and walked away.
 
If only people in my everyday life were so polite.

1 comment: