Saturday, March 21, 2009

Two no's and a yes, immediately.

In Bruges: just couldn't do it. Just couldn't bring myself to watch Colin Farrell for that length of time. Plus that was holding up the next installment of Dexter Season 2 which was the finale which was making me very cranky. I'm sure I enjoyed Dexter much more.

How's Your News?: Arthur Bradford was a guest at a recent Live Wire show, and after assuring the audience that this wasn't about exploitation he played a few clips from the original documentary. As a result, I queued it the next day. Sweet, charming, restoring your faith in humanity one minute at a time. I guess there's now an MTV show which I won't watch because it's on MTV. But there's also a web site with lots of clips including this one where they interview folks like Will.i.am and The Shins on the red carpet at the Grammys. (Watch until the end of this clip - priceless.) And there's a documentary "on the 2004 campaign trail" which I would love to see...

Vicky Christina Barcelona: tried really hard to get through this. Gave up after about 40 minutes, even though that was just the start of Penelope's performance. Scarlett specifically, and the story overall, just bugged me. I hope to enjoy a Woody Allen film again someday, but until then I will just watch Annie Hall over and over.

Tonight's viewing involves Twilight. Does that officially take me from nerd to dork? Inquiring minds want to know. (But but but it was filmed in my state! That counts for something, right?)

1 comment:

  1. Now you have scared me. I am awaiting Vicky Christina from Netflix.
    And I was dorky enough to see Twilight in the theater.

    ReplyDelete