Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Early Wednesday three.

Three movies I did not like, in no particular order:

  • Changeling. Oscar nominated? Really? Angie repeated three lines ("he's not my son!", "did you kill my son?" and "I'm not your mother!") for two hours and this won her a nomination? Meh.
  • The Contract. Oh, John. Why do you taunt me so? I keep hoping upon hope for some redemption, but anything after Identity has been a letdown. I couldn't even finish this. (It's okay, I'll still marry you though.)
  • Sleepwalking. Nick Stahl's character was vaguely interesting. I didn't finish this one either.
Hmm. I seem to be getting selective with free time in my old age. I remember a time when I would stick something out until the end, optimistically thinking it would get better. Now I give a film 20 minutes, and if it doesn't grab me, I'm done.

2 comments:

  1. Of the three movies you mentioned, I've only seen Changeling, and I have to agree.

    I have to adopt that 20-minute rule. Lord knows how many hours of my life I've wasted on pointless movies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops.. I guess I've seen The Contract, too. But I fell asleep. Even with John as eye candy.

    ReplyDelete