Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jen(n) is a dork.

Around 5pm today I learned that the Decemberists were doing a CD signing at Music Millennium in honor of their dark, troubling masterpiece which came out today. It was to start at 6pm. I had stayed home sick but I could've been bleeding out of every hole in my head and I wouldn't have missed that, so I scurried over, unshowered and barely presentable (I think I did brush my teeth at least), and got in line.

During the 1 hr 15 minute wait, I tried to come up with something clever, interesting or funny to say or ask so that I wasn't just a dork with a poster. Lots of things came to mind but as soon as it was my turn, as soon as I was standing two feet from Colin Meloy, my brain froze. "Hi," I said shyly, pushing my poster toward him.

THINK THINK THINK! You're clever, you're funny, COME ON!

"Um," I said, but then he was done, so I said "thanks" and moved along. Jenny and Chris were bantering about baseball and asked me who I would root for if I was watching a Yankees/Red Socks game. "Red Socks! My Boston friends would kill me otherwise." They nodded in agreement and thanked me for coming. And I was on my way.

I had my camera with me, but I didn't want to be a loser doing the one-armed self-portrait on top of already being a dork, and really, let's be honest here, I love them all but I just wanted a picture with Colin and that would've been odd.

But they were all very nice as one would expect and I'm going to laminate this poster immediately and shut the door on this entirely dorky experience. Can you imagine if I were to ever run into Joss Whedon? I'd be an utter mess.

(Have I mentioned that I LOVE THIS TOWN?!)

3 comments:

  1. It's Red Sox, sweetie. :)

    Apparently, Ron Moore rents Reel Video in Berkeley - a friend of mine who works there told me he stopped by.

    BTW, we're going to Comic-Con!!! Come join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...now the ginormous laminating machine makes sense... :D

    ReplyDelete