Sunday, March 15, 2009

All caught up and nowhere to go.

I am officially up to date on Lost, Dollhouse and Dexter (well, to the degree Netflix will let me be caught up with Dexter).

I'm not sold on Dollhouse yet. I appreciate Joss using the talents of Fred, Helo and Faith but frankly, between those guys and the smart-Andrew-look-alike and the British-accented head honcho, I'm having trouble remembering what show I'm watching. And some of the stories are familiar, or otherwise unoriginal. I also think I have a fundamental issue with the premise, as in "surely this is already happening somewhere in real life," but I'm willing to overlook that. I'll give it time, since the quirky banter keeps me interested, but until then Faith really needs to work on her blind girl act and Joss needs to step it up a bit.

I think I'm going to hold out on BSG. The marathons are just too much fun. Which means I have at least 5 hours to kill tonight... the horror!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm not completely sold on Dollhouse yet either. I just keep thinking that SMG was a better lead actress. But I'll keep watching

    The (2 hour) BSG finale is next week, but this is truly one of those shows that are much more rewarding if you watch it in order. BTW, did you know that Katee Sackhoff was at the "frak party" (viewing party) at that speakeasy-ish theatre in your hood this past Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew. It's hard not to know these things in such a small town. :) I also knew it would be a madhouse and I am less fond of her these days so I opted out... Yeah, the watch-in-order is why I'm holding out for Netflix. I have no life but I still can't manage to keep up with weekly shows - how is that possible?! (OK, OK, and really, the immersion-marathons really *are* fun.)

    ReplyDelete