Thursday, March 27, 2008

Wait... something worth watching on MTV? The end is near!!

LOST was a rerun tonight so I scanned the channels looking for good background fodder while I packed away another box or four, after getting home from "going away party" number 5. (There are 2 more to come. I hope I actually do really go away, at some point. Otherwise these people might be pissed.)

Unfortunately, it ended up being just one box packed because I found this, and got TOTALLY SUCKED IN for numerous hours. (But I packed during the commercials.)

First let me say that I'm a sucker for anything that generates camaraderie. Like, at a U2 show, when they turn the microphones off and the crowd sings along with the chorus to "One," I get a little weepy. I think it's because I'm in the presence of a few folks who have the power to make 30,000 folks memorize their song lyrics, and that's a pretty overwhelming thought. (It also happened at the last Beastie Boys show I went to. 30,000 folks chanting along to Paul Revere. Some might find that scary, I was comforted.) Or like, when an audience gives a standing ovation for the actors in a play, I am often overcome with emotion.

SO. That said, I watched this live dance-off tonight and got a little weepy - several dozen people creating such a commotion amongst many young (and my age) Americans. Would the gymnastics experts overcome the group who lost a group-mate a few months ago? Both groups - hell, all the groups reunited tonight for the live finale - totally ROCKED OUT.

And made me weepy.

Then again, my hormones are all off this week...

Once again - NO CABLE IN PORTLAND. BAD. CABLE BAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment