Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Almost (but not really almost) Friday five.

Five reasons I am feeling awfully optimistic today (and parenthetical blah blah blahs), despite waking up at 4am to fret for 3 hours about the impending EVERYTHING, in no particular order:

  • a potential job I wouldn't exactly hate (second interview next week!)
  • two friends on the verge of not being crotchety old single ladies, as I currently expect to be (they give me hope!)
  • health care coverage through the end of April (never again will I quit a job at the end of a month!)
  • emailing a bunch of property management/moving companies about apartment hunting and moving quotes (seriously thinking I'm gonna outsource this puppy - everything about it - to save my sanity!)
  • last time feeling like my voice went unheard at the management meeting this morning (and first time feeling like it might not have gone unheard, which is sad and ironic after 13 months - but true...!)
There have been many other "lasts" in the past few weeks but this last "last" felt the most significant. I'm glad my coworkers have dropped the whole "you don't care - you're leaving" bit, because really, after 10 years of investment in this organization, I DO care. And I will continue to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment