Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Firsts meme.

Cribbed from a friend of a friend.

1. Who was your first prom date? My "first" prom date? I only went to one prom, and I went with a really good friend. We had A TIME. A TIME, I tell ya.

2. Do you still talk to your first love? I don't talk to any of my former "loves."

3. What was your first alcoholic drink? I believe it was champagne at my parents' NYE party when I was 10 - I had a sip, literally a sip, and I had a horrible hangover the next day.

4. What was your first job? Under the table: babysitter for Satan's offspring. Legit: data entry clerk at the construction place where my parents worked.

5. What was your first car? 1984 Nissan pickup. Purchased in 1990, died in 2003. May she rest in peace.

6. Who was the first person to text you today? No one texted me today. I get charged $0.10 per text. By the way.

7. Who is the first person you thought of this morning? I don't remember. Probably someone in some meeting I was dreading.

8. Who was your first grade teacher? Mrs. McClelland. I will never forget her - she was reprimanding some JDs at the front of the class one day, using her plastic meter stick to emphasize her point, and that puppy shattered from the force of the "emphasis."

9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? Maryland -> New Jersey to see my aunt.

10. Who was your first best friend, and are you still friends with him/her? It was a girl I met in elementary school, and we stayed friends (though not best friends) through college (even though she didn't go to college).

11. What was your first sport played? Oh lord, maybe HORSE or badminton in the backyard with my brother? Or freeze/flashlight tag with the neighborhood kids?

12. Where was your first sleepover? My cousin Kelly's house. She had a canopy bed. I was soooooooo jealous. And we made rainbow colored popcorn, the whole ROYGBIV spectrum of colors, which I haven't been able to find since then.

13. Who was the first person you talked to today? Assuming Her Majesty doesn't count, I think it was saying hello to one of my staff.

14. Whose wedding were you in the first time? I was the flower girl in a neighbor's daughter's wedding when I was about 5 years old. Guess they didn't know any little girls so they asked me.

15. What was the first thing you did this morning? Hit the snooze button.

16. What was the first concert you ever went to? Neil Diamond when I was four! Yay Mom.

17. What was your first tattoo or piercing? First ear piercing - when I was about 13. The five other ear piercings were in high school. First tattoo was the spring I turned 18, during my second semester at college.

18. What was the first foreign country you went to? Does New Jersey count? How about South Carolina? That South of the Border is pretty crazy, after all. Ha ha, just kidding. First foreign country was London, the start of my 12-countries-in-7-seconds tour of Europe during my sophomore year in college.

19. What was your first run-in with the law? I got a speeding "warning" picking a friend up from the airport in my parents' Monte Carlo when I was about 19 (man that thing could coast - and fast).

20. When was your first detention? I never had a detention. I was a goody-two-shoes.

21. What was the first state you lived in? Maryland. Lasted 23 years, give or take.

22. Who was the first person to break your heart? My first "official" boyfriend in 8th grade, I had such a crush on him, but he called me boring, and my friend told me as much.

23. Who was your first roommate? College, freshman year. We got along OK, but she had issues. (OK, so did I.)

24. Where did you go on your first limo ride? I have never been in a limo. With the impending departure, I think it's time to plan that wine tour o'Napa or o'Sonoma! (Preferably not within a day of the WOW though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment