Tuesday, December 04, 2007

My luck runneth over.

For my birthday about four years ago, a friend at work got me a "lucky bamboo" which flourished over the years due in most part to utter neglect (may I direct you to the snake plant challenge?), and now bears the honor of housing several barrels of monkeys. I added the monkeys as a Christmas decoration gag several years ago and they never left the tree.

For my birthday last January, my oldest friend sent me three stalks of "lucky bamboo" in a special vase in honor of my new job and my new start in life. I've maintained it as the instructions required, but two of the stalks have died and the other is on its last legs.

I think this is quite telling in sooooooooo many ways.

I'm considering a third tattoo for my 33rd birthday, but I now officially doubt that it will involve bamboo. Possibly a creatively drawn "33" in an ocean or wave motive (I must live near the ocean no matter what else, and I'm an Aquarius, so it all seems to make sense). Drawings and tattoo parlor recommendations now being accepted. I do love Zebra already, but I'm open to other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment