Monday, December 17, 2007

Belated Friday five.

Five movies I have watched recently, and my opinion of those movies, and in some cases, what you should watch (or rewatch) instead, in no particular order:

  • Two Weeks. Sally Field, Tom Cavanagh, a bunch of other people who looked vaguely familiar... I really expected more from this. Go for Steel Magnolias instead. Even a rerun on Lifetime with commercials would be a better use of your precious hour and a half. (I've probably seen it 20 times and the hospital scene makes me bawl Every. Single. Time.)
  • Freedom Writers. About halfway through I wandered off and started making cookies out of sheer boredom, meanwhile hoping that something in the film would grab me and pull me back in. No such luck. Watch Iron Jawed Angels instead - same lead characters, much better film.
  • Dave Chappelle: Killin' Them Softly. Sixty minutes of pure genius comedy. Just keep watching his show.
  • BSG: The Story So Far. A colossal waste of time, just as the reviews on Netflix predicted, but I still got a fix. Skip it and go straight into season 3 whenever it's BLOODY RELEASED ALREADY AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH.
  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy. It was on some cable network yesterday, the whole trilogy, and while I was doing various cleaning and much-needed organizing things around the apartment I left it on in the background.
People. If it's been a while since you've seen these films (and I know all of you have seen these films) you should really watch them again. At some point during The Two Towers, probably around the time that Aragorn bursts through the castle doors in that manly way of his, I ended up just doing the cleaning during the commercials because I got totally sucked back into that world...

And I also realized that I really need to go to New Zealand.

Really. And really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment