Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"It's like my mom says, 'The weak are always trying to sabatoge the strong.'"

"Dear Voter:
You are receiving this notice because you are not registered with a qualified party... State law provides that voters not affiliated with a qualified political party may request the ballot of a political party in a Primary Election, if the party has provided for this in their rules... Not all political parties have chosen to participate..."


Options: American Independent, Democratic

Hmm. So is it a good thing or a bad thing that Republican is not an option? Or does it not matter anyway because Republicans are so adamant about their political party that HOW DARE ANYONE ASSUME they would not register with a qualified party? Maybe it's just us danged wishy-washy liberals who can't commit - and surely the elephants don't want us in their camp.

[Digression. How the hell did the "collective we," which I won't commit to, get stuck with a donkey as our mascot? Seriously? A DONKEY? End of digression.]

"Requesting a party ballot for the Primary election does not change your registration... However, your voting history will show which party you chose."

Um... EH?? Have I been naive in assuming that my vote really was anonymous to some degree? Did I know that and just suppress it all these years? I mean, I know they have to track the party I'm affiliated with so they know what to send me ahead of time, and they have to track the fact that I've voted so that I can't vote again, but... EH??

I am sooooooo moving to Canada. Or France. Yeah, France! That'll show 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment