Monday, December 31, 2007

Belated Friday five.

This feels like a deja vu post, but five things I will not miss about being home, in no particular order:

  • Dial-up internet access.
  • Washing the dishes before I put them in the dishwasher.
  • Calling to report my whereabouts every two hours.
  • All the damn Bush bumper stickers.
  • Not being able to buy wine at the drugstore.
All in all the trip was OK. I didn't plan in advance, so I spent way too much time cooped up with my parents,* all my visits with friends were somewhat rushed and I didn't get to see my extended family.

On the plus side, I did run about 30 miles throughout the week simply because the treadmill was an easy escape from the nitpicking questions (which Mom would ask, and then Dad would walk into the room and repeat a few seconds later) about every little thing I was reading or watching or eating or thinking. And I am now officially hooked on Guitar Hero, courtesy of my brother.

Next year if I go home I'm making an hour-by-hour schedule... Or staying at a hotel. Or taking some crack with me.

________________
* I spent this past Thanksgiving with a friend and his family, and the drama factor was so low that I forgot to detox by watching the movie I watch every single Thanksgiving and Christmas. I actually remembered the next day, put it in and got distracted so I never finished watching it. This past Christmas day, though? I was jonesing for it sooooo bad. Float. Just float.

No comments:

Post a Comment