Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I will survive.

It's been a while since I've done a meme, and I saw one on a friend's blog recently, so I figured, what the heck. Apparently, each of the Survivor contestants have to fill out a questionnaire and they get asked the same questions each year, presumably to figure out where their weaknesses lay so that everyone else can tempt them with cocoa and fresh avocados and peanut butter and whatever.

I don't ever watch Survivor, ever (no patience) but I'm a sucker for a meme so here goes... Ironically, there's no "books/music you would want on a desert island." Guess I'll save that for a Friday five someday soon.

FAVORITES:

  • Colors: sky blue, sunset pink (only in actual sunsets), any shade of green... and of course, black.
  • Scents: the smell of bread baking, cinnamon, fresh coffee, sawdust, freshly cut grass.
  • Flowers: any that are still in the ground.
  • Board Games: Risk, Monopoly, Scrabble... I'm old school.
  • Video/Computer Games: other than the pirate game on Facebook I don't play these things, unless you count the re-enactments of Coleco Vision's Zaxxon and Donkey Kong that my brother ran across a while back.
  • Sports to play: flag football, long distance running (which I *will* get back into, I *will*).
  • Sports teams: don't really know, don't really care (especially since John LeClair pimped himself to the Penguins), although occasionally I will watch a hockey or football game... Nothing like good clean violence to soothe the savage soul.
  • Outdoor activities: hiking, running, walking, people-gawking.
  • TV shows: “House," "Good Eats," "Roseanne" reruns, "Buffy" reruns.
  • Movies: “Princess Bride" and "Hair" all the way.
  • Music: the Decemberists, the Cure circa 1989, Modest Mouse... everything else depends on the time of day, the time of year, the weather outside, and my mood at the time.
  • Magazines: Runner's World, Running Times, Sunset, Mother Jones.
  • Books/Authors: anything by Hemingway, Kerouac, David Sedaris or Stephen King.
  • Cereals: Grape Nuts.
  • Fruit: Um... grapes? Bananas? Sadly, I don't like a lot of fruit. Unless it involves peanut butter, which apples go really well with.
  • Chips/snacks: Frito's as a guilty pleasure (the "scoops" are particularly enticing), reduced fat Trader Joe's imitation Cheetos as a semi-guilty pleasure. Otherwise it's reduced fat Triscuits, no exceptions.
  • Cookies: if there's no peanut butter involved, no thank you.
  • Candy bars: if there's no peanut butter involved, no thank you.
  • Alcoholic drinks: oh... any will suffice, no peanut butter required.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks: Peet's anything, cranberry juice, decaf green tea if I need to chill out.
Et tu, Brute?

No comments:

Post a Comment