Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday five.

Five random observations, in no particular order:

  • If Safeway charges me for the two decaffeinated green tea boxes (2 for $5!) that I put in my basket after a grueling manual labor day at work, but they don't actually put both boxes in my shopping bag and just put one in the bag, once I get home and realize this fact I am far less likely to go back and demand the second box owed me. But I am also far less likely to frequent that Safeway for a few weeks.
  • Antioch is HOT in the summer.
  • When my cat jumps up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason and scampers at 90 miles/hour across the room, I should expect an earthquake within about 10 seconds. (And this one was a mile from my apartment, and therefore A DOOZY, like nothing I have felt in the ten years I've lived here. An acquaintance who lives a mile away had broken windows and broken kitchenware as a result of this one. My only casualty was a plastic frog that fell off the top of my monitor onto my desk. Oh, and a very freaked out cat that wouldn't let me get back to sleep for an hour... OK, so I was a little freaked out too and couldn't go back to sleep.)
  • Reese's chocolate layered cookies, which I only bought on a whim for my PCT hiker friend who loves Reese's cups, and of course had to try before packing them up for her, are actually REALLY FREAKING GOOD.
  • I'm the first to see any Adam Sandler movie without really thinking twice, but I just don't see how mocking domestic partner benefits is (or should be) funny and I hope this movie bombs.

No comments:

Post a Comment