Sunday, July 01, 2007

Foiled again.

Yesterday I woke up at 6am, considered getting up to take care of some chores and get them out of the way, reconsidered and went back to bed. I woke up again around 10am, putzed around for a bit, went for a leisurely run, and was eating breakfast and checking my email around 11:45am when I read the "parking for the wedding" email reminding me that the ceremony started at 1pm.

SHIT! I'd had it in my head that the ceremony started at 5pm! Miraculously, I made it to the ceremony with a few minutes to spare. And it was a truly lovely ceremony and reception, much fun was had by all - AND I got to play with an iPhone (who wants to touch me? I said who wants to fucking touch me?!).

This morning I was determined to better map out my day. I scheduled a haircut at 4pm, so my plan was to hit the Noah's in Alameda for breakfast just before 10am, run a bunch of Alameda-shopping-related errands, check out Ratatouille, then go to my haircut.

The Noah's in South Shore no longer exists. D'oh! I meandered dishearteningly into Starbucks, which OF COURSE still exists (as does the Starbucks in the GINORMOUS Safeway in the same shopping center), perused their dismal selection of fattening pastries, and cheered myself up with a raspberry mocha. Then I rushed through shopping so that I could get home and eat something without turning into Senorita Crankypants, skipped the movie to do laundry instead, and... well, that just about brings us up to speed on my day.

Because this post is seriously boring me, and I'm sure you as well, I bring you five fun Alameda facts:

  • Alameda is the original home of Skippy peanut butter, and every year a Peanut Butter Jam Festival is held on Webster Street. (I so need to go to that this year!)
  • The movie/musical Rent was filmed in Alameda. (I so need to watch that again to see if anything looks familiar!)
  • Lots of Matrix-related stuff went on in Alameda. (I really don't need to watch anything Matrix-related ever again, but it's cool that they filmed scenes in Alameda.)
  • The open space of the decommissioned naval base often hosts MythBusters' more dangerous experiments. (I... just don't care.)
  • Phyllis Diller, Tom Hanks, and Jim Morrison all lived in Alameda. Presumably, not at the same time. (Ah, Jim... I knew there was a reason I am drawn to Alameda.)
Who knew?! I love Alameda. And Wikipedia, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment