Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Barenaked monkey business.

There's a line in one of their most well-known, often played songs, which I have heard at least a gazillion times, that goes, "Haven't you always wanted a mon-KEY??" There's another song, written many years later, about a fan (or fans) sending them postcards of chimpanzees. Tons and tons of postcards of chimpanzees. Last night, upon seeing the little monkey in Steve's coat pocket (not his zipper), I finally got the connection. At least, I think it's a connection.

I hereby pronounce my new method of job searching: asking everyone I know, "Haven't you always wanted a new JOB??" I'm sure the offers will just come pouring in.

Anyway. I wasn't thrilled with their latest endeavor, and even less so when I heard they had better songs on part 2 of the album but you had to re-buy the album to get part 2, and the crowd started out too tame, and the band started out too tame, and the dance routine felt like it was influenced by OK Go's videos instead of by their own design, and even THEY seemed bored at times during the show... but somewhere between the middle of the show and the first encore, I remembered why I would marry any one of them.

Except for perhaps the drummer, but he would definitely make a great drinking buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment