Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'm pretty sure it wasn't crack.

When I got to the bus stop this morning, there was an older gentleman sitting on the bench smoking a cigarette. I took my usual post under these circumstances (30 feet from the bus stop, in the shade, far away from the cigarette smoke) and proceeded to watch as he pulled out a stick of... something... and whittled off a bit of that into his half-smoked cigarette. After finishing his smoke, he went straight to the stick of whatever and lit that, and smoked it as well. He then went into some kind of seizure of coughing fits and spitting fits and smoking more of the stick of... whatever. Then he turned to the woman who was blatantly trying to ignore him, asked the time, lit up another cigarette, and went on his way. The only thing I could think, given my limited exposure to illegal drugs, was that it was straight hash lined with something evil.

It was quite surreal to see this at 8:45am on a Wednesday. Put a whole new perspective on the day.

2 comments:

  1. Dunno... I've never seen angel dust. It was a stick of something. Looked too thin to be hash.

    ReplyDelete