Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Way more effective than leadership telling you that you're great.

Got a random IM today from a distant (as in far away distant, not emotionally distant) coworker friend saying "oh hey by the way I married that guy I told you about earlier this year that I met on match! so what's up with your romantic search?"

I had to reply "congrats! yeah not much on my end." But it did incite me to post something on CraigsList this evening just for fun. I was blatantly honest in my post and, as a result, did not expect a whole lot of replies.

Less than an hour later, I have seven replies, at least five of which appear to be honest potentials.

Even if I don't ever follow up with any of them, I now officially love the man who invented CraigsList.

2 comments:

  1. UPDATE: there are now 27 replies. Because I hate when you send a stranger a self-promotion and get nothing in return, I am planning on replying to all of them, even the 19-year old's just to say "uhhhhh... maybe in 20 years".

    I forgot how time-consuming online dating can be. It's worse than job searching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend just reminded me that people who use Craigs List can be of the creepy variety. I think I'll be selective in responses.

    ReplyDelete