Sunday, November 12, 2006

A bug's life.

I loved Microcosmos when it first came out. At the time the photography was groundbreaking, and the concept was pretty original too. I saw it in college at the student union and you should've heard the cheering when that dung beetle finally, after about 20 attempts, got his package up that hill! I eventually bought it and watch it periodically when I need some perspective on life. (The former cat used to love it because there's very little narration, just nature sights and sounds.)

So I was happy to run across this 2-disc series from Netflix and in between obsessing with Lost, I have learned that:

  • all wasps are total bastards
  • ants are even dumber than cows - but they can doggie paddle
  • spider webs are even more fascinating than I originally thought, and baby spiders are soooo cute (so are baby walking sticks)
  • David Attenborough can be quite a goofball
  • and lots of other things
Even if you think bugs are disgusting (which - spiders and caterpillars aside - I do too), you should check it out. You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment