Saturday, November 26, 2005

Wreck the halls.

Since learning that my parents decided to accept my invitation to come out for Christmas, I have been very much against the concept of holiday decorations. There are a few reasons behind this - namely that red, gold and green absolutely do not go with my orange, avocado and mustard living room decor; and also it seems sacrilegious to try to create my own tradition just for this year when there are years and years of tradition in their attic that I could never come close to replicating (nor would I want to, nor do I want to create my own tradition just yet).

Then I saw this at Target today - on sale for $14.99. And all bets were off. My brand new Charlie Brown FIBER OPTIC Christmas tree.



That's right, you can't really see it from the photo, but there's fibers and optics going on in this little 3 foot sucker. And chances are low that Her Majesty will eat it - bonus.

And then I just went nuts with the rest of the decorations. This place is going to look like a cyclone hit it before too long.

________________
Does anyone besides me remember that Sesame Street Christmas album from 1975, not the re-versioned album but the original pre-Elmo one complete with the Bert/Ernie/Mr Hooper story and the Spanish songs? Yeah - this one! MUST. HAVE. IT. Bid on this and you're on MY LIST.

God, eBay scares me. And also makes me wish I'd saved a lot of the fond memories from my childhood. If only they had this on CD... This and this I heard enough in my first 22 years and don't really have to ever hear again... but I miss the other two dearly.

3 comments:

  1. If you don't win the CD you are currently bidding on, the same seller has two more with a "buy it now" price of only $1 more than your current bid.

    See http://tinyurl.com/7tspc or http://tinyurl.com/b79zo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zack! It's growing on me by the day - and now it even has little decorations. And Her Majesty hasn't tried to eat a single one.

    And thanks Gwennie - COOL. I hope I get one of them. I sooo miss Oscar singing "I HATE CHRISTMAS"... even though I secretly don't hate Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete