Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Maybe she needs more steroids.

Today going home on the elevator a woman had her cat with her - the woman didn't want to leave the cat in the car while she ran upstairs, and also someone in her department had wanted to meet the cat. The cat was in a carrier, of course, and the woman politely asked if anyone was allergic to cats before entering the elevator. On the way down I admired and petted this beast of a cat, who looked a lot like Luna in terms of fur and eye color but not so much size, and started to think.

Maybe all the other cats that seem GINORMOUS to me are actually normal-sized cats, and Her Majesty is just a puny-sized cat, and I just don't see it because she's my only perspective. I haven't had another cat to regularly compare her to since Riley, and even he was a GINORMOUS cat.

If so, that just makes me love her even more. And call her "Runt" often and honestly, of course.
________________
I have often wondered what "bring your pet to work" would look like for Her Majesty. I'm guessing she would spend some time eyeing the hawks that float in the sky outside my building, and some time "talking" to people who would be more than happy to give her the love I CLEARLY don't give her (or so you would think, listening to her whine all the live-long day), and a lot of time sleeping in cozy corners. For now I'll stick with the "YAY JEANS" rule and see if I can work the "bring your pet to work" day sometime in the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment