Monday, November 21, 2005

Randomness.

I talked with a few friends today about making the change to a job where you don't have any formal experience but where you think you could be really good (writing... in some capacity that involves getting an assignment, finishing it and moving on to the next assignment). One friend (who does not know about this here endeavor) suggested I start writing as a hobby and then see if I can "donate" articles for exposure. He had some other good ideas too. But I am guessing this here endeavor doesn't really count as something valuable in that arena. It's really just a channel with which to rant and vent...

Why did I start getting Sunset magazine in the mail? I really don't understand...

Many people seem really shocked that I have no plans for Thanksgiving. In case there was any doubt - rest assured, I don't WANT any plans for Thanksgiving. Plans other than going for a run and then eating too much, seeing this or this or maybe this or perhaps this, and of course drinking lots of wine, and of course hanging out with Her Majesty, and of course watching this, that is. Really truly I mean it. The 'rents visiting for Christmas is more than enough holiday for me to take this year.

Speaking of 'rents - I am officially boycotting this. And you should too. For the love of all that is holy, leave a good thing alone, will you, Hollywood??!

3 comments:

  1. My browser colored your fourth "this" as a visited link -- ah, "Jesus is Magic." I saw a preview showing of this a few nights ago -- it was both funnier and less awkward than I thought it would be. Some people will find the humor over the top so if your audience decides they hate it, the stone code silence might make it hard to enjoy the movie and laugh. (My audience probably had some sort of paid professional laugher in it. Either that or the guy just had way too much coffee, soda and candy before the film started.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, thanks Ryan. I do want to check this out and I have no problems being the squeaky wheel who laughs amongst the stone cold silence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's stand together!

    I am looking forward to two days' peace and quiet, having resisted, yet again, the pressure to visit my Snopesian in-laws (may their tribe stop increasing -- I mean, enough's enough).

    ReplyDelete