Wednesday, November 09, 2005

HA-ha!

I cannot help but gloat that all of Arnie's propositions were vetoed by the general public in our state. I did actually read each proposition, do additional research, and make educated decisions about all of them. But I can't say I'm surprised that a lot of people "just said no" on principal alone. And I can't say I completely agree with that - but I can't say I completely disagree either.

And yes, I was dismayed but not shocked that Prop 73 was as close as it was... Did those "yes" voters not see Dirty Dancing, for Christ's sake??

In other election news... BOO to the Bible Belt.* YAY to the Borough.

_______________
* I can't make excuses for Texas. I gave that up a long, long time ago. But Kansas? I know there's not much going on in Kansas - wouldn't a few curved roads be a more interesting time investment than this issue, though?

1 comment:

  1. Read What's the Matter with Kansas. The John Brown state has always been dragging the nation on one rampage or another, for better or worse. Evolution is just one of those endless unwinnable battles the right wing uses to rally its base around wars and tax cuts.

    Don't blame me. Cats don't get to vote. Not even in Kansas.

    ReplyDelete