Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Flippity floppity floo.

My thought process tonight went a little something like this:

[5:22pm.] Shit! I need to finish what I'm doing and catch the bus so I can get home and drive the less than mile back to the gym (the really cheap one that closes at 7pm)... [On the way to the bus stop, about a minute too late.] Shit - there goes the bus. I should just forget the gym tonight and do laundry instead. I could walk home and that would at least be something. [Starting to walk home.] Nah, I'll go to the gym and do my usual workout and catch the bus all gross and sweaty. [Starting to walk back toward the gym.] Nah, I'll just go home and do laundry instead. [Arriving at the crosspoint of gym vs bus.] Nah, I'll go home and get my car and have a shorter time at the gym and not offend people who have to sit near me on the bus. [At the bus stop.] Nah, I'll just go home and do laundry. [On the bus.] I should just go to the gym and do what I can in the 45 minutes I'll have left.

And so I did. And I ran more than I usually run in a shorter period of time I usually bother to do anything. Dammit, I have dropped between 12-15 pounds (depending on the day) and a lot of my old clothes actually fit again and I'll be damned if I'm going to gain it all back and have to go through this again. Dammit.

And then I went to the gym and came home and ate something healthy and now I'm hungry but I keep thinking about how my convictions need to stand for something. Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment