Monday, August 03, 2009

At least I'm not THAT guy.

Yesterday I broke down and did laundry and ironed. You may have heard that it's been HOT in the NW lately and both tasks made me tired and even more HOT just thinking about them.

So, between the HOT and the weekend company, I avoided laundry for three weeks (and ironing for five weeks) through a festive combination of wearing clothes I forgot I had that didn't fit very well, wearing the same pair of jeans/the same jean skirt multiple times over multiple weeks, wearing clothes that caused people to think I had a job interview, and wearing clothes I bought during a trip to Ross/Nordstrom Rack in a fit of HOT despair last week when it was 100+ degrees.

This weekend I could not put it off any longer. I was literally down to overalls, denim shorts and my (actual) interview suit. So on Sunday I did laundry and I ironed and I sweated and I drank lots of cold water. I also finally watched two movies that had been sitting on my TV forever. They were good ironing movies.

Scratch: OK, when they go a little inter-galactic (as in, seriously pondering what kind of music the aliens are making) on the audience, it's a little weird, but overall I enjoyed this documentary. Mix Master Mike is always a fave. DJs Q-Bert, Z-trip and Babu are amazing, and the rest of them are totally inspiring. It's really an art, it's not just noise, and to hear them talk about their craft was really interesting.

DiG!: Anton is a scary stalking freak of a genius songwriter, and I need to buy all the Dandy Warhols' albums immediately. I mean, they're a Portland band for Pete's sake! Where have I been?! (I might need to pirate some Brian Jonestown Massacre too. He's crazy and I have no desire to support that, but he's also brilliant.)

By the way, both DVDs were recommended eons ago by people way cooler than me, and for that I am grateful. But I'm more grateful that the last season of BSG is finally on its way.... followed by the latest season of Dexter, followed by...

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of the Dandy Warhols, I will take this opportunity to direct you to your next Netflix tv series (after you're done with BSG, of course) - Veronica Mars. I think you'll like it. I don't know if you ever watched it, but she's a plucky blond girl in a sucky California high school - a bit more ascerbic than Buffy, though. And Willow and Cordy and Joss and and George Michael (from AD, not Wham!) and Maebe appear!

    ReplyDelete