Thursday, August 06, 2009

Belated Wednesday three.

Three quotes from John Hughes films that I say ALL THE TIME.

  • "It's called a sense of humor - you should get one - they're nice." (Duckie, Pretty In Pink)
  • "This is ridiculous, ok I'll go, I'll go, I'll go, I'll go, I'll go. What - I'LL GO. Shit." (Cameron, Ferris Bueller's Day Off)*
  • "So it's sorta social, demented and sad, but social. Right?" (Bender, The Breakfast Club)
There are many more that I adopt as needed, such as "I think your [friend/mom/boss/etc] and my [friend/mom/boss/etc] should get together and go bowling" (again, Bender). Or "break [his/her/name's] heart, I break your face" (Watts, Some Kind of Wonderful).

But these three, I repeat word-for-word. RIP, Mr. Hughes, and thank you.

________________
* Usually said when ramping up for mandatory fun at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment