Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday five.

Been a little behind on this, mostly out of laziness but also because it's actually really *hard* to come up with five things that don't suck every day... which I guess is kinda the whole point of doing it every day...? Right.

Will get back on that Monday because it was helping my mood when I was doing it daily. But for now, five things that didn't suck this week, in no particular order:

  • free passes to two local Portland speaking event type thingies
  • the opportunity to give constructive feedback to mgmt even though I don't think it will go anywhere
  • to my shock and awe, despite a self-employment gig where I paid no taxes at the time, I am getting money back* for 2008 taxes... hooray for being able to claim moving, not getting last year's "stimulus" check, and H&R Block
  • finding an amazing lady to watch Her Majesty while I'm gone
  • finally hanging up my posters and paintings after almost 10 months of not wanting to put holes in the wall because "I'm not staying here much longer"... of course I am staying here and it's amazing how much more homey the place feels now
Happy Friday!

________________
* Well, except from CA, who will be sending me a nice I-Don't-Really-Plan-On-Coming-Through-With-This-IOU sealed with a scratch and sniff skunk sticker. Glad I got out of there when I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment