Tuesday, February 03, 2009

All's quiet on the home front.

Her Maj has been enjoying a lovely day and evening at the MGM Grand of pet hotels - the emergency vet. Her stay so far has included pokes and prods from various strangers, numerous lab tests and having the fear of God instilled in her (damn yappy dogs!).

Tomorrow, lab results pending, she is scheduled for a relaxing noon endoscopy/biopsy. I was hesitant about a surgical biopsy but this is not invasive, it's one of those coiled camera scope thingies like you see on Animal Planet ER shows and House, and I sooooooooo want to watch - how cool would that be? (Oh, and also, she now weighs 7 lbs. I'd cut her open myself if it would help. Desperate times and all that.)

Anyway, the boss was nice enough to let me work from home today to accommodate this mid-morning appointment half an hour away, and it's a darned good thing because I've been a bit of a wreck all day. But in between that I also got a ton of work done (no prairie dog cube calls, no next door neighbor with the booming base voice, no disco rave down the hall, no anorexic cat sitting on my lap paralyzing and inconveniencing me) and I spent another hour and a half at the gym tonight.

In addition to those things, here are five more things that didn't suck today:

  • Finding out that there is an "English - Pirate (beta)" Facebook language. Best. News. EVER! (A bit hard to read, but hilarious nonetheless.)
  • YBIAA.
  • Beets.
  • Getting some dirt on people I knew in high school and college.
  • "Shed Your Love" by the Helio Sequence.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, it's been a little while since I last read and commented, so I don't know the full story on her Maj, but I will go read up as soon as I'm done posting this comment. I just want to say how truly sorry I am for all that you and she are going through. Poor little Maj must be pretty miserable, and I can imagine how worried you must be about her. I hope everything goes well with her biopsy and that there's something definitive that the doctors can do to help your sweet little baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... I know you know how this goes. She's doing OK today and I should hear about the biopsy today or early next week. I'll keep you posted. Damn cat! :)

    ReplyDelete