Saturday, February 09, 2008

Observations.

Absinthe tasting night followed by a 7 hour class on marketing featuring a very energetic instructor who constantly refers to your organization's widely acknowledged brand identity and marketing angles, does not a happy Jen(n) make.

But the nap immediately following class? GOLDEN.

I sure have a lot of crap to get rid of before I move. Anybody need a desk? Red corduroy chair? Really used dining set with only two chairs? Too big for me clothes that, come hell or high water, will never fit me again because I am going to stay in shape dammit I am?

(I'm also appalled at the sheer number of pens I have accumulated in the past few years - need a pen? Or 14?)

I am kinda keen on this idea of a studio apartment and far less stuff than I have now. I do admit that a large, yet reasonably priced, one-bedroom apartment has been very nice to me and Her Majesty for the past three years, and it would really be cool to have an official crafting area in my abode at some point... But I think I'm gonna go small to start. Maybe the rest will come with the house I am destined to buy in Portland.

The Wire is a really, really good show, and I don't even usually like shows like that. As is Iconoclasts, if I haven't already mentioned that. Which I have - Ed Vedder and surfing legend Laird Hamilton? WOW. (Shameless plug - now available on iTunes! For REALLY CHEAP!) Season 2 also features Alice Waters interviewing Mikhail Baryshnikov and vice-versa, and the following other interview pairs: Maya Angelou and Dave Chappelle, Quentin Tarantino and Fiona Apple, Lorne Michaels and Paul Simon (which is particularly interesting when it gets to the discussion about 9/11)... Anyway - sheer genius. I want to work for Sundance someday. Season 3 features Mike Myers and Deepak Chopra - can you imagine?? Check it out.

And Oregon is one of the few remaining states that doesn't let you pump your own gas, and that doesn't have sales tax. The next week should be interesting as I try to remember that. But it might be a good angle to pitch to the folks when (and if) I tell them I'm moving up there, and they should consider it. They'll eat that stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment