Monday, February 25, 2008

Inching my way toward the 21st century...

Since I'm so unimpressed with Comcast I decided to set myself up with a Gmail account. This way, if I don't carry my cable service over when I move, I can still get emails.

I have to say, I'm pleased with the ease of importing emails from my Comcast inbox and automatically forwarding emails sent to my Comast inbox. I like the user interface Gmail provides. And my Gmail address is not a cryptic version of my name, it's actually my name with a relevant number at the end, which will not only be more meaningful to recruitment folks as I start to submit job applications via email, it will also remind you all of my birthday.

But there doesn't seem to be a way to add sender info to your contact list with the click of a button, which is a drag, and I DO NOT like that the sponsored ads are directly related to the content of the emails in my inbox. I know it's all automatic but it's still creepy. (If you know how to fix either of these, please comment.)

But I'm sure they will fine-tune all of this and soon Gmail air will be thinner and more streamlined than ever. Oh wait, am I mixing my technology?

No comments:

Post a Comment