Thursday, August 17, 2006

On the other hand ...

... today I spent a good portion of the day looking around in admiration at these really smart people I have the privilege to work with. (Well, most of them are really smart, anyway.) It occurred to me that instead of bitching and moaning about my self-imposed weaknesses, I should be grateful and honored that I was asked to participate, and participate to whatever extent I am comfortable and confident.

Then I got a little sad about the thought of leaving because I wouldn't be working with these people anymore.

Then I thought about day-to-day life at work and remembered that I could always meet these people for happy hour after I start a job I actually enjoy ...

1 comment:

  1. Your conclusion is RIGHT ON.

    Yes, you may have cool people to work for, but if the job sucks, it still sucks.

    ReplyDelete