Sunday, August 20, 2006

Belated Friday five.

Five memorable things about my Half Dome hike this weekend, in no particular order:

  • Waiting at a 45 degree angle to go up the cables during the last 900 feet of the hike.
  • After making it to the top and enjoying lunch and the view, waiting at a 45 degree angle to go down the cables while the MOTHERFUCKING JACKASS who stopped right in front of me halfway down flirted with some girl, who was on her way up, and after about FIVE EXCRUCIATING CABLE-HOLDING minutes (complete with me saying "yeah could you move it along now?!" several times VERY LOUDLY) had the gall to ask for her phone number. He's the one on the right - I wish I had a shot of his head so that if you ever saw him, you could hit him upside it. (My arms didn't have the strength after the climb up and down.)
  • Literally THE only acceptable phone message to leave using your cell phone while resting at the top of the peak, amongst the many I overheard: "Yeah, hi, this is [insert name] - I just got your message, sorry about missing work today... um, , I totally spaced and I take full responsibility... I'm at Yosemite right now so I won't be coming in... so yeah, I'll talk to you next week." (Also known as, every phone message I will now leave every time I don't feel like going to work.)
  • The cloud that looked like a chocolate Easter bunny.
  • Looking at the full hike the next day and saying with nonchalance, "yeah, we did that."

3 comments:

  1. Truly awesome, jackasses notwithstanding.

    Shaggy black cats want to know — did you peek over the edge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Clip Art on the top of the peak?

    ReplyDelete