Tuesday, April 14, 2009

People at work will eat anything.

For the "new recipe" goal, on Sunday I decided to try these gluten-free, egg-free brownies. (I bought Ener-G Egg Replacer, but it looks like I could've used lots of other things I had handy too.)

They turned out okay - I think I should've mixed them longer because they were slightly gritty, and they probably could've used another minute in the oven, but between all the dark chocolate and butter you couldn't really tell.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon someone sent a note out about homemade cookies by X's office (I always love these - you can actually hear the stampede 2 seconds after the email is sent). I'd only let a few gluten-intolerant folks know about the brownies so that they were sure to get one. After the earlier email I sent out a note vouching that these were, at the very least, "interesting." Five minutes later they were gone.

And now, killing two goals with one stone, here they are:

No comments:

Post a Comment