Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday five.

Top five reasons I politely declined a second interview at a really cool company, in no particular order:

  • I have enough road rage driving from home to Emeryville, can you imagine how bad it would be with a 2-hour commute each day?
  • There were typos in the job description. (Seriously. To a normal person this wouldn't be a factor, but to me? Nix.)
  • The position didn't really seemed like it belonged anywhere specific; it wasn't assigned to a particular project.
  • My friend kinda wants the job.
  • I hate technology.
I suppose one of my answers should've been, "I still have hope for my current job," but at the moment I can't honestly say that is true. Upper management is nothing to write home about, nor is the specific job I have ended up doing. It's been a tough week, but I could say the same about at least one week a month since I started, and it's not fixing to get much better. At least, not anytime soon.

So in the words of the great Billy Joel, "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than die with the saints - the sinners are much more fun."

Oh, wait, I meant, "momma, if that's moving up, then IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm moving out."

No comments:

Post a Comment