Saturday, February 10, 2007

Gimme fiction.

Apparently the many documentaries (some more so than others) were not enough, so I took it a step further and watched Heavenly Creatures and The Lost Boys of Sudan earlier this week.

The former reminded me a lot of Finding Neverland, only with a more grisly ending. The latter reminded me that I needed to finish What Is the What, which I read about 300 pages of straight through and got depressed so I had to put it down for a while.

After that, I needed some fiction. So I went to see Hannibal Rising, mostly because the trailers looked interesting (a.k.a. bloody and suspenseful), and I'd seen something from the director about how the actor playing Hannibal really enjoyed going to morgues to get used to being around dead bodies. There was something creepy yet intriguing about that.

The movie explains how Hannibal got to be the Lecter we all know and love from Silence of the Lambs. Turns out, he's not just your run-of-the-mill psychopath, oh no - there is justifiable reason behind his transformation into a monster, and it's based solely upon revenge.

Revenge? Seriously? BOR-RING.

There were a few amusingly grisly death scenes and the Hannibal actor was decent, but otherwise, what an utter disappointment. So on the way home I redeemed myself by renting The Empire Strikes Back.

For the record, I {heart} Han Solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment