Sunday, January 07, 2007

Make mine green, thanks.

Last Thursday night I was enjoying a little Hokie wine, compliments of my brother, and watching Grey's Anatomy. There were several conversations around being the "ham" vs being the "egg." In case you're not familiar with this term, being the "ham" means that you're fully committed to something (as in, the pig had to die to produce the ham). Whereas, being the "egg" means you're not really that committed to something (as in, chickens can lay an egg and go about their day).

I am the first to admit that I'm the "egg" at work. No surprises there. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I'm the "egg" in many other areas of my life. I have about nineteen half-read books on my dresser, I give the dating search a half-assed try every now and then yet complain about being single more often than not, after two years I finally figured out what to do with the space over my bed and even bought the materials - which are still in the bag on my kitchen table... The only things I've been the "ham" about recently have been plowing through various TV shows on DVD. (I'm even an "egg" when it comes to watching the damn shows when they first air - so much easier just to wait for the DVDs to be released.)

All this is OK with me, though - after all, I'm a vegetarian!

________________
Speaking of eggs - next time you have a little extra cottage cheese in your refrigerator, throw a tablespoon of it into your scrambled eggs while they're cooking. You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment