Monday, January 29, 2007

I failed calculus in high school...

... but I rented Proof anyway, on a friend's recommendation (which was, basically, "how bad could 2 hours of Jake Gyllenhaal be?"). All she really had to say was that Hope Davis was a supporting actress and it would've been in my queue, Jake or no Jake.

I was pleasantly surprised with the movie. Normally I'm not a big Gwenyth fan, but she gave an outstanding performance.

Overall, though, I think my appreciation of the film came from the plot. Most of the [four] people who read this have reached the age where we are beginning to take care of our parents, and perhaps are in a stage where we still think we know more than they do and yet we still have so much to learn, much of it from them. In that regard, the story was really quite touching.

Speaking of all that... My mom has her final knee surgery tomorrow. Send a happy thought her way, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment