Saturday, January 27, 2007

"If you're asking me what vibe I'm gonna lay down it's gonna be very much just a 'chill out, let's get to know each other' type of vibe."

I had (what hopes to be) the last one-on-one meeting with my "manager" yesterday, and he was asking me about what I'll be doing in the new job. So I started to tell him, and he went off on his own stories for about 15 minutes, and as he was talking it occurred to me that he IS David Brent.

Exhibit A, the subject line.

Exhibit B: "Some people are intimidated when talking to large numbers of people in an entertaining way. Not me."

Exhibit C: "I'm already exploring the entertainment avenue with my management training, but I'd like to do that on a global scale really. "

Exhibit D: "When people say to me: would you rather be thought of as a funny man or a great boss? My answer's always the same, to me, they're not mutually exclusive."

He even looks a little like David Brent, which I also observed yesterday as he was going on and on about himself.

But in all fairness, also like David Brent, he's not a bad guy. He means well. He's just a terrible manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment