Monday, July 17, 2006

Now accepting ideas.

Recent attempts to remind Her Majesty that she's already eaten her dinner even though - YES! I am in the kitchen again! and YES! chances are likely that I will be in the kitchen AGAIN in the near future! oh, what a crazy world this is, that it doesn't revolve around YOU! - include:

  • placing the "stop global whining" refrigerator magnet at her eye level
  • berating her for whining for her food at 1:30pm... "this is what happens when you want to eat 5 hours early... didn't I warn you? didn't I?! now go eat your crunchy food"
  • leaving her empty food plate and occasionally plopping her down in front of it while saying "see?? SEE???"
  • offering her sour cream and cranberry juice to prove that I am not getting her more food
Yeah, none of that worked. How do you keep your pets out from under your feet in the kitchen?

1 comment:

  1. I have no helpful ideas, but I can tell you that Her Majesty is not the only one. I think all cats are like this. For example, every single time I go in the kitchen and open the fridge, Gwennie jumps on the counter expecting me to give her something. Of course, the fact that I do give her something roughly 50% of the time probably only reinforces this bad habit! Also, on the weekend, starting at around 2 PM Al will lay on his food mat staring at me till I feed him. I wonder how the hell he copes on weekdays when I don't get home till 7:00-ish!

    Gotta love cats! It's amazing how something so small can think it's Boss of Everything and Everybody! Even while it's highly annoying, I've just gotta admire that bold attitude and righteous self-esteem that cat's have got going on!

    ReplyDelete