Friday, July 14, 2006

Low-priority defect in today's plan.

A wise man once said, "sometimes, you just gotta say fuck it." Myself, I say that all the time. (Does that make me wise too?!)

Today for example, I was going to:

  • stay late and wrap up something so it would definitely be done before my vacation
  • go to the gym for weights
  • walk to the grocery store for dinner supplies
Today, I ended up:
  • leaving at 5pm with the thing unfinished
  • skipping the gym (and exercise altogether)
  • driving to the grocery store
And now here I sit, with a glass of wine, getting ready to make homemade pizza and learn just why Jesus is magic!, and I realize that the trial marathon last weekend is finally catching up to me. As the week has progressed I have grown more and more tired throughout the day, and yesterday and today I literally ate a meal or snack every hour on the hour.

I'm banking on the final step in today's expected plan (food, wine, and aforementioned movie plus starting in on season two of Dead Like Me) being thwarted by the actual event of me eating pizza, having two more sips of wine, falling asleep on the couch in about an hour and waking up around 11am tomorrow.

I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment