Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Payin' it forward.

To make up for my truly ridiculous day today, I went to my unpaid job meeting even though I was feeling kinda lousy (because of allergies, not because of my day per se). And despite the fact that I had way too much to contribute to a marketing conversation, I felt good when I left.

Afterward I went to the grocery store and when I got in line, the guy who got in line behind me only had two items so I insisted he go in front of me. The next person behind me forgot her Safeway card and they were all out of "loaners," so I lent her mine. And I brought my own canvas bag, so I didn't have to feel guilty walking out with nine thousand plastic bags, all double bagged, and no I don't need help out thanks.

I better do something evil tomorrow, lest I jinx myself with all this good-deed-doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment