Sunday, June 11, 2006

The only two things that overalls and a bandana around your hair really call for.

1. Going to see A Prairie Home Companion - which was actually a cute little film. Before you mock - my college roomie was from Minniesooooota and therefore a HUGEMONGOUS Garrison Keilor fan, and I got to know his stuff (good and bad) - and also my dad practically raised me on bluegrass. Top off with overalls and a bandana around my hair, and I was quite at home... although probably the youngest in the theater by about 30 years.

2. Calling home afterward and hearing about all the cousins who are pregnant (and the fathers are either in jail, or "of another race and comes from a cult," or not willing to marry just yet). My extended family is like a bad after-school special. And that's why I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment