Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'm so lame, I bet I think this post is about me.

I don't remember the last time I heard a song for the first time and it not only blew me away, it also accurately summed up my mood at that very moment in time. (There's a fairly good chance that the last time this happened it was 2008 and it was Built to Spill's Strange - yeah, I was a little late to the BtS party. There's another pretty good chance that it was 2009 and it was Dr. Horrible's My Eyes - his part, not hers.)

Today it was Andrew Bird's Lull.

I first heard Bird when he opened for the Decemberists in 2009. I liked him and was quite impressed with his array of musical instruments as well as his whistling skills. But then I kind of forgot about him, until recently when he came up on Pandora and I queued a bunch of albums at the library and loaded them onto my iPod. But then I kind of forgot about him again, until today when I had the iPod set to "shuffle."

And I had to listen to this song again, and then again.

The link has the song and the lyrics if you want one or the other...

No comments:

Post a Comment