Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday five.

Five movies that actually did justice to their book predecessors, where I've actually read the book and seen the movie in a short enough time span to make such a judgment*, in no particular order:

  • Fight Club
  • The Princess Bride
  • The Virgin Suicides
  • The Godfather
  • Bridget Jones' Diary (hey, I didn't say the book and/or movie had to be high quality)
Movies based on short stories don't count but if they did, The Body/Stand By Me and Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption/Shawshank Redemption would definitely be on the list.

Inspired by this news. I'm not sure how I feel about a movie version of one of my favorite books ever. The movie version of one of my other favorite books actually made me angry (and I do mean angry), and I didn't even see it.

But The River Why is playing at the theater in my 'hood so I'm sure I will go... even if it's just for the free air conditioning.

________________
* meaning the LOTR trilogy and the Narnia series don't count, although I suspect the LOTR trilogy might trump Bridget Jones' Diary on the list above when I read it again

No comments:

Post a Comment